MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can not set permissions on another super admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was super admin on my website. when trying to change the permissions of other super admin, the following warning appears as shown in the picture. 

[attachment=32831]

[attachment=32833]

how to fix this problem in MyBB 1.8?  Confused

because I also have added a user ID into config.php  Undecided
This is intended functionality. Superadmins cannot be modified by anyone. Otherwise, somebody could hack either one of your accounts and demote both of you. Toungue

If you just need to change the permissions, you should remove them from the superadmins list and change their permissions, then add them back in. That's the only way I know of to do this.
then, is there any other way to change another user to super admin as can be done in MyBB 1.6?  Confused

when the 1.6 version is still very easy to change other users into a Super Admin. and change their permissions. however, why in version 1.8 to be difficult.  Confused
Super administrators are not affected by administrator permissions anyways IIRC. They can do whatever they please to.
Moving to bug reports since super admins were supposed to be able to edit other super admins (at least the error says so).
@Omar G.
but while still using version 1.6 I can exclude some of the permissions of the user though is super admin as well. why at this 1.8 version does not?  Confused

@Destroy666
thanks dude. I feel this is a bug as well. but I do not dare to take the conclusions must be true or not  Big Grin
I have noticed this as well. I guess it's a bug but, even one if super admin could edit the permissions of another, would it really have any effect? Are super admins supposed to be immune to restrictions on their permissions?
This is part of the whole super admin problem. The basic question is: Should super admins be able to edit another super admin? Either the language string or the code needs to be updated.
I'm in favor of super admins not being able to edit another super admin because permission checks do not apply to them so it'd be pointless.
@Jones H & @dragonexpert
up to version 1.8.5 now super admin still can not change the permissions by another admin.  Shy

for this reason, there is in my other websites I create two accounts, although still my own that play a role in it. that I as owner or super admin whose role is to upgrade only and as admin duties appropriately (edit, post, reply, and others)

for this reason I also use MyBB more steady Cool . different from other Engine Forum  Toungue
Pages: 1 2