MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Edit "View New Posts"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a plugin right now that puts "View Unread Posts" right next to "View Today's Posts".

As far as I know, "View Unread Posts" does the exact same thing as "View New Posts" except that it will say in parentheses how many unread posts there are.

I either want to delete "View New Posts" or give it the extra feature of saying how many new posts there are as a number next to it.
to display the number of unread posts you need a plugin, so to delete "View New Posts" link goto,  ACP >> Templates >> Your Theme's templates >> Header Templates >> header_welcomeblock_member and remove this line

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a></li>
(2014-10-23, 10:41 AM)jflanden Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, "View Unread Posts" does the exact same thing as "View New Posts" except that it will say in parentheses how many unread posts there are.

You couldn't be more wrong... New posts are, as the name says, new posts made on the forum, doesn't matter if you read them or not. And unread posts are, again as the name suggests, posts which you have never read. Both scripts are completely irrelevant.