MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Myalerts plugin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that myalerts plugin in underway for mybb 1.8 .In the mean while can I use myalerts 1.6 for my mybb 1.8 forum?

Or is there any sort of security issue?
No security issue, just incompatibility issue, You may not be able to upgrade to MyAlerts 2.0 when it comes out.
(2014-10-23, 03:02 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]No security issue, just incompatibility issue, You may not be able to upgrade to MyAlerts 2.0 when it comes out.

I see.Then can I use tagging plugin then?(mybb 1.6 tagging plugin)
(2014-10-23, 03:02 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]No security issue, just incompatibility issue, You may not be able to upgrade to MyAlerts 2.0 when it comes out.

I'm hoping that won't be the case Smile There are major changes, but I hope to be able to write a converter.
(2014-10-23, 03:46 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm hoping that won't be the case Smile There are major changes, but I hope to be able to write a converter.

Then can I use myalerts 1.6 for now?
(2014-10-23, 03:58 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: [ -> ]Then can I use myalerts 1.6 for now?

Sure you can use it but when you click on notifications in the header menu it will redirect you on the notifications page and won't ever display notifications on index. The plugin needs a lot of changes to be fully compatible with 1.8
(2014-10-23, 04:33 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-23, 03:58 PM)Claraviolet Wrote: [ -> ]Then can I use myalerts 1.6 for now?

Sure you can use it but when you click on notifications in the header menu it will redirect you on the notifications page and won't ever display notifications on index. The plugin needs a lot of changes to be fully compatible with 1.8

Thank you Smile
Err...myalerts plugin got messed up in one theme.
Will somebody help me in fixing this?
Testaccount credentials:

Username: Testaccount
password:testaccount

'*bump*
Need help here Sad
Come on guys!
I need some help here Sad
Hi, it looks like you aren't using MyAlerts 2.0.0 which is the recommended version for MyBB 1.8.4+.

For the styling, the first thing to do would be to edit the myalerts_headericon template to remove the dash. Your theme also seems to use <li> elements for the menu so you'll need to add the following CSS to alerts.css:

.myalerts_popup li {
    float: none;
    display: block;
    color: #4d4d4d;
}

.myalerts_popup li:after {
    content: "";
    display: table;
    clear: both;
}

.myalerts_popup a {
    float: none;
    display: inline !important;
    color: #417394;
}

That should fix the layout at least slightly.