MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Performing necessary upgrade queries...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
no progress time out 6000s but no progress 5 hours wait ...

1.6.15 > 1.8

[Image: oza5y7.png]
Can't say anything with this number (or rather no number) of details. You can try upgrading locally if your forum is big and the server can't handle it.
(2014-10-24, 09:43 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't say anything with this number (or rather no number) of details. You can try upgrading locally if your forum is big and the server can't handle it.

my server 4gb my db 800mb not solved Huh
(2014-10-24, 01:55 PM)sonix™ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-24, 09:43 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't say anything with this number (or rather no number) of details. You can try upgrading locally if your forum is big and the server can't handle it.

my server 4gb my db 800mb not solved Huh

Well, did you try my 'upgrade locally' advice?
I tried to upgrade the 1.6.15 mybb but it stucks in the same point.
(2014-10-24, 04:10 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, did you try my 'upgrade locally' advice?
I cant try it because the forum has a lot of posts (and the size of mysql).

I believe this is an error of the upgrade system...
(2014-10-26, 07:41 PM)Savoy Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to upgrade the 1.6.15 mybb but it stucks in the same point.

(2014-10-24, 04:10 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, did you try my 'upgrade locally' advice?
I cant try it because the forum has a lot of posts (and the size of mysql).

I believe this is an error of the upgrade system...

I absolutely agree with you that an error

because my database very very big
I dont think its an error with the upgrade system, just maybe your host restricting certain resources to you.

My forum is quite large excess of 100,000 posts, over 5000 members, over 5000 threads.
a FULL (even zipped) sql backup is quite big, but really shouldn't be done for a 1.6>1.8 upgrade.  imo you should do it 'clean'.

Even upgrading locally (on a very powerful machine) with a 'clean' database (just the tables at the end of this post) it still took a good 20 or so minutes to get past that page.

my process for upgrading (which i'm still going through and completing locally before even putting it near my live server) was:

backup 'necessary' non-plugin tables in 1.6.15, i knew i'd lose a lot of plugin functionality and I'd have to figure that out in the future:

mybb_awaitingactivation;
mybb_banned;
mybb_events;
mybb_forumpermissions;
mybb_forums;
mybb_forumsread;
mybb_forumsubscriptions;
mybb_groupleaders;
mybb_moderatorlog;
mybb_moderators;
mybb_modtools;
mybb_mycode;
mybb_polls;
mybb_pollvotes;
mybb_posts;
mybb_privatemessages;
mybb_profilefields;
mybb_reputation;
mybb_smilies;
mybb_stats;
mybb_threadprefixes;
mybb_threadratings;
mybb_threads;
mybb_userfields;
mybb_usergroups;
mybb_users;
mybb_usertitles;
mybb_warninglevels;
mybb_warnings;
mybb_warningtypes;

Then installed a completely stock, clean 1.6.15;
In PhpMyAdmin i dropped all the above tables i previously backed up (so importing wouldnt throw me an error)

DROP TABLE mybb_awaitingactivation;
DROP TABLE mybb_banned;
DROP TABLE mybb_events;
DROP TABLE mybb_forumpermissions;
DROP TABLE mybb_forums;
DROP TABLE mybb_forumsread;
DROP TABLE mybb_forumsubscriptions;
DROP TABLE mybb_groupleaders;
DROP TABLE mybb_moderatorlog;
DROP TABLE mybb_moderators;
DROP TABLE mybb_modtools;
DROP TABLE mybb_mycode;
DROP TABLE mybb_polls;
DROP TABLE mybb_pollvotes;
DROP TABLE mybb_posts;
DROP TABLE mybb_privatemessages;
DROP TABLE mybb_profilefields;
DROP TABLE mybb_reputation;
DROP TABLE mybb_smilies;
DROP TABLE mybb_stats;
DROP TABLE mybb_threadprefixes;
DROP TABLE mybb_threadratings;
DROP TABLE mybb_threads;
DROP TABLE mybb_userfields;
DROP TABLE mybb_usergroups;
DROP TABLE mybb_users;
DROP TABLE mybb_usertitles;
DROP TABLE mybb_warninglevels;
DROP TABLE mybb_warnings;
DROP TABLE mybb_warningtypes;

then imported my backup (annoyingly phpmyadmin wouldnt take it, it was still too big, so had to do via cmd/mysql)

I then had a clean 1.6.15 with zero clutter and followed the steps to upgrade to 1.8 (which the process still took a good half hour to update the database).

My forum is still 1.6.15, but I think i'll be working on my upgrade to 1.8 locally for the next month or so as I want to try to keep it as 1:1 as it is, but alas a lot of plugins i use arent compatible with 1.8 (yet)
I get the same error, help Sad
still solution not found
I tried it locally and after many retries the forum converted. But it stripped out every non-latin character. I am lucky that it didn't happen to the active forum.

Just for the record, I tried to convert to another system, using their converter and only for testing purposes. the forum converted without any issues. So I don't believe is due to the hosting limits the problem.
Pages: 1 2