MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How long have you owned your community?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How long have you owned your MyBB community and what is it about?
A bit over a year. It retains the MyBB database... though not for long.
(2014-10-24, 09:10 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]A bit over a year. It retains the MyBB database... though not for long.

I see, how has your experience been with MyBB? To me, it is a rock solid code, I've delt with other community software in the past and paid a lot of money for buggy things,it is nice to be using MyBB.
It's not MyBB I have an issue with - There's a lot of backend issues that I had and a lack of plugins for things I actually really wanted to do.
(2014-10-27, 06:31 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]It's not MyBB I have an issue with - There's a lot of backend issues that I had and a lack of plugins for things I actually really wanted to do.

I know exactly what you mean, mybb is awesome, but it has its quirks as well, but to be able to codeyour own site, now thats just leagues in skill, so Ican see why you took another option, give your site a personal touch, everything isyour own design, I'm sure it is taking you many cups of coffee, you should try to become the #1 site in your niche, being a site on a health topic, I can see you being a #1 site.
(2014-10-27, 06:41 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-27, 06:31 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]It's not MyBB I have an issue with - There's a lot of backend issues that I had and a lack of plugins for things I actually really wanted to do.

I know exactly what you mean, mybb is awesome, but it has its quirks as well, but to be able to codeyour own site, now thats just leagues in skill, so Ican see why you took another option, give your site a personal touch, everything isyour own design, I'm sure it is taking you many cups of coffee, you should try to become the #1 site in your niche, being a site on a health topic, I can see you being a #1 site.

Technically, we already are - There's no other sites like this in this country
Quote:Technically, we already are - There's no other sites like this in this country

Ha! That is cool! Bringing awareness to a topic that can benifit many people is a great thing!
Keep it up!

Great article here bro http://www.asperger.net.au/news/details/24
My forum will be a year old in December.
4 years ++ ...

thanks for all team mybb...