MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When people solve an issue but fail to disclose the solution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it is important for users to disclose a solution if they post a question to the board then figure it out on their own,
out of respect for the community,

for example, I was searching for a way to fix an issue and I found a thread with the same issue, and the user posted the same question I needed an answer for,
but the user ended up figuring out how to solve the issue and their only update was
"I figured it out"

now a response like that does not help out anyone. That is why I think it is important to disclose solutions, when you figure them out, if you take the time to ask a question to the board.

Sorry, I just had a strong cup of coffee, but the point still stands.
I agree it's annoying, the same thing has happened to me a few times.

Share your solution, you will be helping others and results in search.
There is nothing to do if someone seeks help but doesnt want to or may be too lazy to type down the whole steps. But if there is a solution, as he has figured out, feel free to make a support thread. If he can solve it many others also can and I'm sure some of them will surely help you.
Yea, some people just don't understand that writing "Solved, pls close!!" couldn't be more useless for others. If I could, I'd deny support to them. But warning them after 3-4 threads like that is effective too.

Another thing that annoys me is describing issues inaccurately, especially in thread titles. If I see "NEED URGENT HELP" or similar titles, I usually check them at the end.
(2014-10-24, 09:31 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing that annoys me is describing issues inaccurately, especially in thread titles.  If I see "NEED URGENT HELP" or similar titles, I usually check them at the end.

I don't bother reading those ones.
(2014-10-24, 09:31 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, some people just don't understand that writing "Solved, pls close!!" couldn't be more useless for others. If I could, I'd deny support to them. But warning them after 3-4 threads like that is effective too.

Another thing that annoys me is describing issues inaccurately, especially in thread titles.  If I see "NEED URGENT HELP" or similar titles, I usually check them at the end.

HELP ME NOW!!!!

To the OP,
I might have done this once or twice. I'd gladly answer with my solution if you asked though. So if you do see a topic like that feel free to ask what their solution was. If it's me I am on the board all the time and will see that you asked.
"NEED HELP FAST!!!"

LOL, yep, that is a classic.
As always, XKCD is relevant:

[Image: wisdom_of_the_ancients.png]
(2014-10-25, 07:49 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]As always, XKCD is relevant:

[Image: wisdom_of_the_ancients.png]

Ha HA Big Grin That is awesome.
(2014-10-24, 09:31 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing that annoys me is describing issues inaccurately, especially in thread titles. If I see "NEED URGENT HELP" or similar titles, I usually check them at the end.

I wish moderators would CLOSE* those threads immediately WITH instructions/warning to the OP to make titles SPECIFIC, and other members of the community should IGNORE answering the OP in them, after a while, others would get the message and post CORRECTLY.

*because some people SEARCH by "THREAD TITLE" only when seeking solution and information*
Pages: 1 2