MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google is messing up (observation)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just an observation, I posted a question to the forum about 45 minutes ago and google says I posted it 18 hours ago, this isn't very important but I have alot of time on my hands, so why not talk about it. But more importantly, why is google messing up like this?!

[Image: Untitled.png]
Same here with my forum the posted time has been doubled or sometimes tripled in google search.
Google probably fails to understand the relative time displayed by MyBB 1.8.
I wonder if it's getting multiplied by 24 for some reason? Being that 45min = 3/4 of an hour. 18h = 3/4 of 24 hours.

May just be coincidence.
Perhaps Google interprets "7 hours ago" as 7:00 or something like that.
Maybe the search engine is currently running through the Tardis?
whatever is the reason for the referred issue,
if relative time needs to be replaced with actual time then this plugin can be tried ..
That's what time Google last crawled that page.
(2014-10-29, 06:48 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]That's what time Google last crawled that page.
That's unlikely if the thread is younger than displayed on Google. Wink
(2014-10-29, 08:01 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-29, 06:48 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]That's what time Google last crawled that page.
That's unlikely if the thread is younger than displayed on Google. Wink

AHA! Google has figured out how to travel ahead in time to create 100% accurate preemptive results. It's old news to Google, but new to us.