MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alpha Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any different process for submitting plugins that are in alpha or do you go through the usual plugin submission process?
A plugin that is submitted on the mod site constitutes a full release. By default they are labeled as "dev" releases, but I've honestly decided not to pay too much attention to those. Toungue

Why not just upload it to github? That allows people to download code to test as they please while bypassing the approval system on the mod site.
Plugins are expected to be as functional as possible. I do not think "alpha" would qualify, unless the bugs of current functionalities are expected to be minimal.

Consider we did not expect every single plugin to have zero bugs either. It is normal but if you know there are bugs which may make it not to work at all then well, you know...

I have plugins in GitHub that have never been uplaoded to the mods site and are (hopefully) fully functional.