MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 1.8.1 not able to open the site after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello

i just upgraded my forum from 1.8 to 1.8.1 but after upgrade
my forum is not opening
it gives me - error name - 500 internal server error

i m only able to log in into admin panel but other pages not opening

how to fix it ??

forum link

shaanse.com/Forum
You'll probably have to look at your server error logs.
Do you happen to have a .htaccess file? If so, what is in it?
i copied those upgrade files into the site so the changed is in it

rewrite ^/forum-([0-9]+).html$ /forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 last;
rewrite ^/forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html$ /forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 last;
rewrite ^/thread-([0-9]+).html$ /showthread.php?tid=$1 last;
rewrite ^/thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+).html$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 last;
rewrite ^/thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost.html$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost last;
rewrite ^/thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest.html$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest last;
rewrite ^/thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest.html$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest last;
rewrite ^/thread-([0-9]+)-newpost.html$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost last;
rewrite ^/thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+).html$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 last;
rewrite ^/post-([0-9]+).html$ /showthread.php?pid=$1 last;
rewrite ^/announcement-([0-9]+).html$ /announcements.php?aid=$1 last;
rewrite ^/user-([0-9]+).html$ /member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 last;
rewrite ^/calendar-([0-9]+).html$ /calendar.php?calendar=$1 last;
rewrite ^/calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+).html$ /calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 last;
rewrite ^/calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+).html$ /calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 last;
rewrite ^/calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+).html$ /calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 last;
rewrite ^/event-([0-9]+).html$ /calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 last;
^ can you post a few latest entries referring Forum in the server error log
i uploaded the files again and well now i can see other pages like the portal or even the topics but can not see the index.php
i wonder what the issue is
^ as suggested earlier, latest entries in the server error log should have the clue
well the issue is solved.
i re uploaded all the files and with the help of my site host, i solved the issue
thanks for replies and help