MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How long did it take you to develop your forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-10-27, 05:44 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-27, 05:38 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-27, 05:20 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we officially opened July 2013. We're still developing, and will be for the forseeable future.

The issue being that I no longer own a MyBB forum (although the present production site *does* run off the MyBB database the code is all mine).

Wow, that is awesome,so you are an intriquate developer, I was just checking out your network, looks fanatastic.

So I've been told; personally I think the in-development version looks better... 

[Image: 194700047c.png]

Okay, just to be honest, now that looks stellar! there is alot more feature to the homepage, and that is what users want, feature and userability, how many members do you currently have? I noticed your twitter account, you have a ton of followers, twitter seemsideal for promoting but the thing about twitter as a social site, it is cold and impersonal which is why forums are so awesome, everyone is like family.
And that was an early rewrite - It's been refined since and now works properly.

We have about 4 infrequent members - but in the database there are 2,000 - mostly spammers.

Why do you ask?
(2014-10-27, 06:12 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]And that was an early rewrite - It's been refined since and now works properly.

We have about 4 infrequent members - but in the database there are 2,000 - mostly spammers.

Why do you ask?

I see! Oh I was wondering because, well, it helps me gather general insight into the nature of forums.
Thanks for the replies as well!
(2014-10-27, 06:19 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-27, 06:12 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]And that was an early rewrite - It's been refined since and now works properly.

Why do you ask?

I see! Oh I was wondering because, well, it helps me gather general insight into the nature of forums.
Thanks for the replies as well!

My view is tainted as I went and did something unique - something that the bozos that run the same boards over and over again (no, I don't mean the ones that have a unique spin, I mean the ones that blatantly copy) have never seen. 
(2014-10-27, 02:27 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]Ha! that is awesome, what kind of site do you run, if you dont mind me asking.

A forum for post-high-school homeschoolers.  Most were from other homeschooler forums I frequented prior to graduating highschool.  Once we graduated though we didn't have anywhere to go, so once I graduated college I set it up.  
(2014-10-27, 04:40 AM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-27, 03:36 AM)Cierra Wrote: [ -> ]Around two 1/2 days, myself.

Hi, I remember looking at your language site and thought, wow, loved the theme and look, made me a little envious lol, that was when you had the rush theme attached to it, have you laucnhed your site to the public yet?

Thank you. Smile We have went back to the Rush theme actually, with a few modifications to personalize it. Yes, we are launched, but our grand opening is in the middle of November. Right now we are holding a grand opening contest. (located here http://www.languavel.thelearningnerd.com...hp?tid=183)
(2014-10-27, 07:43 PM)Cierra Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi, I remember looking at your language site and thought, wow, loved the theme and look, made me a little envious lol, that was when you had the rush theme attached to it, have you laucnhed your site to the public yet?

Thank you. Smile We have went back to the Rush theme actually, with a few modifications to personalize it. Yes, we are launched, but our grand opening is in the middle of November. Right now we are holding a grand opening contest. (located here http://www.languavel.thelearningnerd.com...hp?tid=183)

Hey cierra, still working on your site I see! I swear I could work on my site for a lifetime and still find things to edit, change or tweak, I did get a chance to check out your contest! Looks awesome, and I will sign up and give it a chance when you get your site online, I'm a writer in my spare time so I can appreciate the theme of your forum, language is something I find fun to delve into. thanks for sharing the link as well as your valuable thoughts on the thread!
nice topic
well, its hard to promote it, 
if u have so many followers u can simply share threads from your forum into twitter and people would see and come 
(2014-10-28, 03:24 PM)Michael2014 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-27, 07:43 PM)Cierra Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey cierra, still working on your site I see! I swear I could work on my site for a lifetime and still find things to edit, change or tweak, I did get a chance to check out your contest! Looks awesome, and I will sign up and give it a chance when you get your site online, I'm a writer in my spare time so I can appreciate the theme of your forum, language is something I find fun to delve into. thanks for sharing the link as well as your valuable thoughts on the thread!

We are not officially open yet, but I recommend coming over and joining now as you have exactly one moth before the contest ends (November 31st) We also added some more prizes. Smile
Pages: 1 2