MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error - Installing from 1.6.15 to 1.8.01
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morning people !
At least it is here in the UK. 

08.05 in fact.

I have just gone through the update process from 1.6.15 to the latest 1.8.01
When selecting my previous version it was not shown on the drop down menu so I selected the one at the top which had the nearest number 1.6.13

All went well until the very end when I got the error message below

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:

1054 - Unknown column 'deletedthreads' in 'field list'

Query:

SELECT SUM(threads) AS numthreads, SUM(posts) AS numposts, SUM(unapprovedthreads) AS numunapprovedthreads, SUM

(unapprovedposts) AS numunapprovedposts, SUM(deletedthreads) AS numdeletedthreads, SUM(deletedposts) AS numdeletedposts FROM 

bb_forums
It seams your upgrader is missing the files to upgrade to the latest version (your version must be listed!). Please ensure you've uploaded all files from the MyBB package.
Thank you Stefan.
But, as I pointed out the drop down menu to select my current version of 1.6.15 was not listed. So I selected the latest of 1.6.13 option which was the latest release listed.

Now that I have gone this far can I get it all back again ?
Prior to the attempted update I did two backups. One complete backup which is still sitting on my hosts server, and another backup of just the MyBB database, which I have downloaded.

The latest !
I thought about what you said about uploading all of the files, so to make sure I uploaded it all again. Everything went like clockwork all the way. 

I tried to view my forum and got a very messy page with the Theme having been changed to that on use on this Forum, but in a messed up fashion. Then I remembered to delete the install folder on the server, and this I did.

Now, I can see nothing except a blank white page where my forum should be ?

HELP !!!
If you 1.6.15 wasn't listed when you ran the upgrade script, the forum wasn't upgraded to 1.8 and can't work properly.
After I checked to make sure that I had uploaded all of the files, my version of MyBB was listed and the upgrade went smoothly from start to finish. Each stage was completed as required, all the way to the end.
@k1R@: That's a server issue for sure. Have you any .htaccess in place which blocks access to the install directory?

Thanks again everyone.