MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: does forumbit_depth1_cat template control index.php layout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ya,

does forumbit_depth1_cat template control /index.php table layout of the forums?

I want to change the index page tables up a bit so I was wondering what template it was,
any help is always appreciated,

I just want to be sure before I overhaul it
forumbit_depth1_cat controls the category, while forum bit_depth2_forum controls the individual forum.
(2014-10-26, 10:41 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]forumbit_depth1_cat controls the category, while forum bit_depth2_forum controls the individual forum.

Hi, thanks for clarifying that for me. The layout is a bit more complicated than I thought.
You can check where a specific element is by Inspecting it (under right mouse click menu) if you're using a modern browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Then find the wrapping comment to learn the template name, for example:
<!-- start: forumbit_depth2_forum_viewers -->
(2014-10-26, 11:53 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You can check where a specific element is by Inspecting it (under right mouse click menu) if you're using a modern browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Then find the wrapping comment to learn the template name, for example:

<!-- start: forumbit_depth2_forum_viewers -->

Thank you for that insight, little tips like your make a big difference!