MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM pruning tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any existing mods that prune PMs?

I would like the option of deleting all PMs that are older than X days.

Tiktiki's mod just allows for reading of PMs.

Thanks.
Hello

upload the attached file to ./inc/plugins

Go to the plugins manager and activate it.

From the board's settings you may set after how many days a READ PM should be deleted automaticaly.. Note that i set it that unread won't be deleted.

Regards
Great mod, you should add it to the mods site, Zaher!
Hmmm..nice automatic prune plugin but imho 2 problems.

1. It adds settings to the table.
2. It adds load to global

imho it would be nice to just have a link in the admincp to manually prune by typing into a form the amount of days to prune. This would not add any load to the site nor would it alter the sql table.

Any chance you could do that? I feel a bit odd since you were so generous in making a quick plugin to do it...but I am a bit strict about the type of load I add to my sites. I am a minimalist I guess.
Hey labrocca, I've updated PMA with this (Zaher, I hope you don't mind). You can find the updated files on the mod site. Follow the upgrade instructions.
So tikitiki your changes fit my requirements of manual pruning?
Not exactly - The setting is still in the PMA settings page, however, it's a run-on-demand tool.
Tikitiki Wrote:Not exactly - The setting is still in the PMA settings page, however, it's a run-on-demand tool.

Ok run-on-demand is the more important aspect.  
Labrocca everything can be done.. but anyway Tikitiki will updated his pluginSmile and sure i don't mindWink

regards