MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Default theme background to look like MyBB support forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my 'global.css' and it's working fine like you can see on my forum:

body {
	background: #efefef url(images/bg.gif) repeat;
    color: #333;
    text-align: center;
    line-height: 1.4;
    margin: 0;
    font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
    font-size: 13px;
    overflow-y: scroll;
} 

#container {
  	width: 95%;
	text-align: left;
	margin: auto auto;
	min-width: 990px;
}

.wrapper {
	width: 99%;
	min-width: 970px;
	max-width: 1500px;
}

#content {
	background: #fff;
	width: auto !important;
	padding: 20px 10px;
	overflow: hidden;
}
(2014-10-27, 07:58 PM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]This is my 'global.css' and it's working fine like you can see on my forum:

body {
	background: #efefef url(images/bg.gif) repeat;
    text-align: center;
    margin: 0;
    overflow-y: scroll;
} 

#container {
  	width: 95%;
	text-align: left;
	min-width: 990px;
}

.wrapper {
	width: 99%;
	min-width: 970px;
	max-width: 1500px;
}

#content {
	background: #fff;
	width: auto !important;
	padding: 20px 10px;
	overflow: hidden;
}

This did it, but the white part is too big and it cant be smaller regardless of what % I set in wrapper. Everything is just compressed and the background is gray, but it should look like this support site (very small padding and more narrow).

[Image: p0xoKvv.jpg]

(2014-10-27, 07:54 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't do the 2nd part...

(2014-10-27, 07:36 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]and add the background line back to #container.

Then center it by adding margin: 0 auto; to #content and reset the background by adding background: #FFF; to #content too. CTRL + F5 and it will look like this: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6pgReiH...p=drivesdk

I did add it, check the code I pasted, still didn't work. Can you paste the full changed default theme code for all 4 parts that need to be modified (body, wrapper, container, content) so I get the results as in the image I posted before?
(2014-10-27, 07:12 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]1. The line should actually be:

background: #FFF url(http://turbo.designwoop.com/uploads/2012/10/subtle_background_textures_05-580x308.jpg) repeat;
Also, it's much better to download the image, upload it to your server and then use a relative URL. Otherwise, if that server will remove the image, you'll end up with 404 image request errors.
2. And you should add it to #content in global.css, not #container.

After fixing both, CTRL + F5 the index page.

Hey there, thanks for elaborating and sharing the insight of your expertise, I always seem to learn more and more each day from you all, the staff here is priceless!
(2014-10-27, 07:54 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't do the 2nd part...

(2014-10-27, 07:36 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]and add the background line back to #container.

Then center it by adding margin: 0 auto; to #content and reset the background by adding background: #FFF; to #content too. CTRL + F5 and it will look like this: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6pgReiH...p=drivesdk

Ok I tried it again after revering back to default global.css and I got the same result as you posted, and the header looks good now, its not squeezed like before but the white space is still too big. Is there a way to make it smaller and closer to forum edge (like on this forum). I could only increase it to make it bigger, setting width: 85% to anything lower doesn't work.

Also, when I change settings in global.css they don't always show even after CTRL + F5  or even clearing browser cache. Is this normal, do I need to rebuild forum cache also?

UPDATE: nvm I figured it out, changes to width just didn't register for some reason until a few minutes pass, maybe it's a host thing.
Pages: 1 2