MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your Choice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Out of default mybb urls and urls formatted by seo plugin, which ones will you choose and why?
(2014-10-27, 11:25 PM)helper4u Wrote: [ -> ]Out of default mybb urls and urls formatted by seo plugin, which ones will you choose and why?

I am really interested in pretty urls, and I'm going to check into this.
Thanks! Which one do you prefer?
The Google SEO one is a bit more heavy on the server side, because it has to query to match a thread or forum title to the actual ID to display the content from the database. The stock SEO URLs are simply Apache RewriteRules, without the need for extra database queries and caching. This is why some forums, like HF, don't enable friendly URLs - because it would drop the efficiency of the servers fulfilling requests.
I believe it was Labrocca who did a comparison of HF with the amount of crawled URLS to uncrawled ones. IIRC he didn't find that much of a difference.
(2014-10-28, 03:39 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it was Labrocca who did a comparison of HF with the amount of crawled URLS to uncrawled ones. IIRC he didn't find that much of a difference.

Are you telling me all that time trying to set up my SEO URL's perfectly and it really didn't mean anything? Sonofabitch
If it is a site for development purposes only I'd use stock urls. In a live environment I'd use SEO urls.
(2014-10-28, 05:09 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-28, 03:39 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it was Labrocca who did a comparison of HF with the amount of crawled URLS to uncrawled ones. IIRC he didn't find that much of a difference.

Are you telling me all that time trying to set up my SEO URL's perfectly and it really didn't mean anything? Sonofabitch

I assume everything is not comparable. But that's what he said I believe. 

It also depends how much of your traffic can also come /from/ being google right?