MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I recently upgraded from 1.6.15 to 1.8.1 with no problems. However there's one setting I can't find so I'm hoping you folks can help me. The time a post is made is shown as "x minutes" or "x hours" ago. I would prefer that the actual time the post was made is shown. Any help much appreciated thanks.
(2014-10-28, 04:26 PM)sasastro Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I recently upgraded from 1.6.15 to 1.8.1 with no problems. However there's one setting I can't find so I'm hoping you folks can help me. The time a post is made is shown as "x minutes" or "x hours" ago. I would prefer that the actual time the post was made is shown. Any help much appreciated thanks.

Is the time not changeable?
You have to search for my_timeformat("relative" and change relative to be $mybb->settings['timeformat'].
(2014-11-11, 09:09 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You have to search for my_timeformat("relative" and change relative to be $mybb->settings['timeformat'].

Thank you, are you able to tell me where I can find that setting please?
It's not a setting, it's code used in different core files.  You can download MyBB 1.8.1 full package and use Windows Grep application to find these phrases: my_date("relative" and my_date('relative'

Then change them to: my_date($mybb->settings['dateformat'] (date) or my_date($mybb->settings['timeformat'] (time)