MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Members,

If I try to reach myurl.com/install after uploading all the files, I get the following error for some reason:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /install/ on this server.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I would be very grateful for some tips.

Best regards,
N.
Make sure the install directory is chmodded to 666. You can use the same FTP client you used to upload the files to do this.
Thank your for your answer but I changed the permission and I am still getting the same error. Any other things I could try?
Are there any rules in a .htaccess file that could be causing this?
I didn't make any changes in the .htaccess file.
(2014-10-28, 06:39 PM)Niggidea Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't make any changes in the .htaccess file.

I have the same problem.

The .htaccess file is simply the one supplied with the download

In my case CPanel Server error log reports:

[Thu Oct 30 01:10:17.369397 2014] [core:crit] [pid 803771] (13)Permission denied: [client 210.55.212.251:54947] AH00529: /home/primenet/public_html/nzarchitecture/install/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that '/home/primenet/public_html/nzarchitecture/install/' is executable

This applies whether permissions are set to 666 or 777 for all contents in the install directory or the htaccess file

What else can we do or try?
I deleted and installed again, it's still not working. I am running like 5 mybb 1.6 sites on this server, I have no clue why it doesn't work correctlySad