MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: did not update chmod settings before upgrading - site useless now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after upgrading my site from 1.6.13 to 1.8.1, I now cannot get back to my admin back-end because naoar donate is killing my site, all I get when trying to load the admin back end it throws the error "/public_html/caffeinejunkiesinc.com/inc/languages/english/admin/naoardonate_global.lang.php does not exist" which was my attempt to get rid of the plugin by deleting the related files.  instead it now throws that error, so how and what is that program rooted into and what do I need to edit in order to FULLY rid myself of that plugin....it has obviously edited a core system file that I was not aware of it doing.  so what, if anyone knows, is this thing rooted into and what do I need to edit in order to get my website back up and running.

whats more, I started recieving multiple hundreds of "mybb has encountered an error" emails shortly after my first reply, each stating
Type: 2
File: global.php (Line no. 331)

...crap...I just realized something, I did not correctly chmod the respective files before upgrading my website.  I get the sinking suspicion that that may be why I am having issues with my website operating correctly after upgrade.  Please dont tell me that this is what is going on.  because I neither have the time, nor the knowledge on how to fix this to get the site working again if that indeed is what ended up causing issues.
Try searching your harddrive or the original folder of the plugin for this file "/inc/languages/english/admin/naoardonate_global.lang.php" Upload it to your inc folder. See if the message goes away.