MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wow, now these are cool avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my never ending quest to find cool things on the internet, I stumbled across this site
http://avatars.alphacoders.com/avatars/highest_rated

It has some of the coolest avatars I've seen on the internet.
Lets face it, there are probably millions, no wait, billions of avis on the net.
Hm, in my humble opinion, those are sort of ugly. :3

I much prefer avatars like these: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320298
(2014-10-29, 03:29 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, in my humble opinion, those are sort of ugly. :3

I much prefer avatars like these: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=320298

Woh, thanks for the link, I just checked them out and well, you are right, those are awesome!
The site itself is pretty cool as well,

this is just a side question but do you think the term "avatar" is outdated and that "picture"is more attune to modern times? Or does it matter in your opinion?

Personally, I think the word "Avatar" reminds me of the early days of the internet, completely old fashion, and on my forum, I changed everywhere it said "avatar" to "picture"
"Picture" is probably the least descriptive word you could have chosen. Granted, off the top of my head I can't think of a better one, but "picture" definitely isn't one of them.

If I read "Please upload an avatar to finish filling out your profile" I know exactly what the website is asking for. If I read "Please upload a picture" I'd be very confused.
Thats nice..
Thanks for sharing the link..
(2014-10-29, 05:52 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]"Picture"  is probably the least descriptive word you could have chosen. Granted, off the top of my head I can't think of a better one, but "picture"  definitely isn't one of them.

If I read "Please upload an avatar to finish filling out your profile" I know exactly what the website is asking for. If I read "Please upload a picture" I'd be very confused.

ha ha! Rolleyes Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my thread, but in the end, if it is good enough for twitter to use the word "Picture" vs "Avatar" than I suppose it is good enough for me. I appreciate you input, in all regards!
No worries.

(2014-10-29, 07:02 AM)John75 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats nice..

Hi John, thanks for the comment, I appreciate it, yea, I love those avatars, just page after page of amazing images.

(2014-10-29, 07:02 AM)John75 Wrote: [ -> ]Thats nice..

Hi John, thanks for the comment, I appreciate it, yea, I love those avatars, just page after page of amazing images.
may i inject my own link to a cool avvie site here i never use gif avvies as they tend to be somewhat distracting..but good for regular forums
(2014-10-29, 05:20 PM)Schillerfan64 Wrote: [ -> ]may i inject my own link to a cool avvie site here i never use gif avvies as they tend to be somewhat distracting..but good for regular forums

ha ha no doubt, they are fun to look at but ,for example, if someone on twitter has a gif, avi, I tend to not follow them, because those gif avis kinda to make me dizzy, some of them, but actually the website you posted, I actually think those gifs are pretty cool, thanks so much for posting the link and sharing your thoughts on the thread!