MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display name vice username option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We strongly encourage the use of real names on my current forum and I'd like to see an option to allow the use of a "display name" everywhere a username is displayed barring, of course, the actual login page. I'm currently using a patch of the core files to accomplish this (mostly) and the only plugin I could find is not 1.8 compatible. At the very least I'd like to see a hook inserted every time a username is retrieve for display so that I could more easily provide this functionality via a plugin instead of a hack of the core
In 2.0 I could see this feature, but it'd be very difficult to modify the 1.8 series at this point.
Sadly, if what I read about threading being removed from 2.0 is true then I probably won't be upgrading to 2.0. A quick poll of our user base revealed that threading is well liked by most core forum participants and the lack there of would be a detriment to their user experience on the forum.