MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem with Find Users search - 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ver. 1.8 - While searching for a new user who just signed up and not being able to find the user with ACP>Users&Groups>Find Users, I found a problem with the fields. The criteria fields "ICQ number contains,""Post count," and "Thread count is" are now look-up tables which default to "0." So, for instance, if you are only looking for somebody who registered in the last 5 days using the "Registered in the last___  days" field, you have to manually set the other three fields to a blank -- e.g not a "0."

If you do not reset them, the query automatically becomes the Boolean phrase: Registered in the last 5 days AND ICQ contains 0 AND post count=0 AND thread count=0. The look-up tables for  "ICQ number contains,""Post count," and "Thread count is" need to default to a blank field, not a zero.
Try upgrading to 1.8.1 and make sure that all files are uploaded correctly.
(2014-10-30, 07:08 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Try upgrading to 1.8.1 and make sure that all files are uploaded correctly.

I upgraded to 1.8.1 and did a file check. Problem not resolved.
(2014-10-31, 06:05 AM)Phulano Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-30, 07:08 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Try upgrading to 1.8.1 and make sure that all files are uploaded correctly.

I upgraded to 1.8.1 and did a file check. Problem not resolved.

I can't reproduce this issue on my install. Try turning all plugins off in ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Disable All Plugins? -> set to Yes and Save. Then check again and if still the same, please provide a temporary ACP account in PM.
I think you are misunderstanding the problem. Certain search fields should default to a "blank" or a "null" in order for the search function to work properly. Right now, three fields default to a "0." A "0" is not a "null". These fields have to be manually reset to "null" before performing a search on another criteria. Here's a screen shot:

[Image: 25ri6gl.png]
Oh, earlier I just tested the ICQ field and it always resulted in all users because every user has 0 as default for some reason..

But yes, it's a bug, moved to Bug Reports.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1613

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
Confirming I have found the same issue - no search succeeds until I delete the "0" found in by default in these fields
I know I'm bumping an old thread but this is still an issue in 1.8.4.
(2015-02-27, 04:54 PM)freshpromo Wrote: [ -> ]I know I'm bumping an old thread but this is still an issue in 1.8.4.

It's impossible to be an issue on 1.8.4 because the numeric types were removed from these inputs. So you probably haven't uploaded all files correctly..
Pages: 1 2