MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what is your preferred browser for website development? W/Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey forum,

Check this out, what is your preferred browser for forum development, in other words, what browser do you prefer to use when you are building your forum, for example, is it FireFox, Chrome, iE, Opera or even Mac(aroni) aka Safari?
The reason I ask this is because every browser seems to tweak the look of my site a little bit different as far as  the, well like I said, the look.

Now Chrome and FunkyFox are pretty similar but, for example, there can also be major differences, if A. For a real life example, I was building a section of my header in FireFox, and then I went and looked at my header in Chrome and it looked horrible, so then I had to rebuild the header in Chrome and everything looked good, in both browsers but I prefer using FireFox because of the firebug tool that helps me trouble shoot issues but now I'm having doubts about building my forum using FireFox because of the previous header issue I had to fix.
Now iE isn't even an option in my book and Opera, I must say, is a good browser and falls between Chrome and Firefox, but then again, mobile phone browsers are a coin of their own, so whenever I build, I'm constantly looking at my forum through all browers and my mobile phone browser.

So my question, what browser do you prefer to use when you are or were developing your forum?

Then use the poll to vote and tell us what you think the best browser on the internet is.

(Um yea, I drank too much coffee today, sorry)
firefox (though its developers are ruining it in name of new features ..)
I tend to find myself leaning towards Chrome for web development. The inspect element tool is all I ever use Chrome for, and whilst I know Firefox has this functionality too, I've become attached to Chrome's version and so, well, I continue to use it to this day.

Chrome also has better HTML 5 support apparently, which some web developers/designers may warm towards.

As a general browser (web dev aside), Firefox hands down. Chrome has always felt much less responsive than Firefox, on pretty much every PC I've tried.
(2014-10-30, 01:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]firefox (though its developers are ruining it in name of new features ..)

+1
I use to use firefox, but about a year ago I started using Chrome. I've come to like it a lot better than firefox.
I use Chrome. There is an option under the Inspect Element to emulate what it looks like with various mobile devices. If I'm worried about Javascript, then I'll use IE since IE hates Javascript.
Hey guys, thanks for replying and for voting, coming from you all, whom I have an immense ammount of respect for, it means a lot to me to have the opinions of the staff and the members here who know what the ins and outs of web development are and I see that the vote is just about at a split decision.

The last time I used chrome for development, it didn't have the features it has now, so maybe I will give it a try, especially sinse it has a tool for mobile variations,it is just hard for me to move away from FF.

And dragon, you know, that is funny because iE hates everything, ha ha, it really does. It is the cursed broweser of the internet.
Sometimes, or I should say most times, I wish iE never existed lol.
I used Firefox for the last couple years, but I recently noticed how beautiful fonts look in Chrome now and I've moved back to it. That and both provide all the tools I need for web development so it's not a hard switch between the two.
Quote:And dragon, you know, that is funny because iE hates everything, ha ha, it really does. It is the cursed broweser of the internet.

Any yet has a lot of use. What is really stupid is you can't actually delete IE off of windows, at least not in Windows 7 which is what I have. It says I don't have permission and virtually anything else I can actually edit. I know I could hack my own computer to be logged in as the system, but would rather not.
(2014-10-30, 08:18 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:And dragon, you know, that is funny because iE hates everything, ha ha, it really does. It is the cursed broweser of the internet.

Any yet has a lot of use.  What is really stupid is you can't actually delete IE off of windows, at least not in Windows 7 which is what I have.  It says I don't have permission and virtually anything else I can actually edit.  I know I could hack my own computer to be logged in as the system, but would rather not.

Actually you can.  You have to disable it from features rather than uninstall it as software.  

These are Windows 8 instructions, but Windows 7 has it in the same place.
Quote:Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)

Enter Windows features in the search box, tap or click Settings, and then tap or click Turn Windows features on or off.

In the Windows Features dialog box, clear the Internet Explorer 11 check box.
Pages: 1 2