MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chenge "Login" buton color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to change the color of the login text displayed on the login screen. How can I do that?
[Image: NhYggw3.png]
I'm no expert, but I'm guessing its done by editing this image to your desired color

youforum.com/forum/images/buttons_bg.png
I tried to leave only the first color (white) but no effect.

I think there should be another way...
Global css, look for:
button, input.button {
background: url("../../../images/colors/night_thead.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #eee;
border: 1px solid #bbb;
color: #fff;
cursor: pointer;
font-family: Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,sans-serif;
font-size: 16px;
outline: 0 none;
padding: 3px 8px;

change however you want, let me know how it goes please.
Thanks, it worked! Big Grin
You are very welcome, have a great day!
Hmm, Now I realized that changing that button's color raised some more problems. Unfortunately, it has also changed the color of other buttons on the forum. How can I make it so it would only change the color of the login button?
Obviously it will affect all buttons as you have changed the css for the .button selector which is used by all buttons....

First change the css selector for the login button in the header_welcomeblock_guest template to something like this.....

<input name="submit" type="submit" class="loginbutton" value="{$lang->login}" />

Now in global.css add the above css properties to this new selector...

.loginbutton {
// your css codes //
}
Uh, sorry I'm new to editing templates can you explain me a little?
ACP >> Templates >> Header Templates >> header_welcomeblock_guest

find this...

<input name="submit" type="submit" class="button" value="{$lang->login}" />

and replace it with...

<input name="submit" type="submit" class="loginbutton" value="{$lang->login}" />
Pages: 1 2