MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: am suddenly getting PM messages from MyBB engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just upgraded from 1.6.5 to 1.8.1, and suddenly when a thread I had subscribed to gets a reply, instead of an email, MyBB now PMs me with the notification. 

Is this a bug? 
How can I fix this?  I can't find any related user setting in UserCP
i am not sure why it got changed but to fix it goto User CP >> Subscribed Threads >> Select All and in the bottom right of that table select "Change to email notification" in the drop down and hit "Go"
Hi thanks Mmadhankumar.

That works - a bit of a process would be required though , as even selecting all, I can only change one page of threads at a time - and there are a lot of pages to work through (I had default 'subscribe to all' setting for last 3 years). I tried setting subscription settings to 'do not subscribe' - but that does not affect existing subscriptions.

I believe their needs to be a better way to manage existing subscriptions, and for them not to spontaneously switch delivery mode during forum updates.

At the very least, perhaps "select all" should actually select all, and not just all on the current page?
Notification method change shouldn't happen on upgrade, so moving to bug reports.
This bug is still there! I just switch from 1.6.14 to 1.8.2 and the situation is the same was described in the first post.

Some news about?
im also getting this problem im currently using 1.8.3
It should definitly be fixed in 1.8.6 as it's quite annoying. Probably caused by the change to tinyint (https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur....php#L1555). Pushing this.
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2060

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group