MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Remove "View Source" as the default mode in Editor for all users.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mybb Version - 1.8.1
Theme - Square

Hello there,

I want to know If there is any way to remove "View Source Mode" from being the default mode in the editor for all the users and have the general mode on.

Right now you have go in the cp of every user individually to uncheck view source mode as default option.
So is there any way to edit or change this setting globally. ?

Thanx Huh
you can run this SQL query
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '0'

see this guidance if required => how to run SQL queries
Got an Error.

Error
SQL query:

UPDATE mybb_users SET sourceeditor = '0'
MySQL said: Documentation

#1146 - Table '*****_mbb1.mybb_users' doesn't exist
try this
UPDATE `mbb1_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '0'
Between I want this option to be in place by default so new users can have the normal mode in their editor from the beginning..

"Put the editor in source mode by default" - This option under 'Other Options' comes checked by default when a user registers and I want it unchecked.

(2014-10-31, 04:19 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]try this

UPDATE `mbb1_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '0'

Same Error Huh
I am mistaken about table prefix used for your MyBB forum database. can you check it in ./inc/config.php file

$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
what you have in place of mybb_ ?
(2014-10-31, 04:46 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I am mistaken about table prefix used for your MyBB forum database. can you check it in ./inc/config.php file

$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
what you have in place of mybb_ ?

It's mybb only..
^ can you once again see the suggested guidance in post #2 - also you have to run that query only
(2014-10-31, 05:03 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ can you once again see the suggested guidance in post #2 - also you have to run that query only

Tried again. No Luck :p

Anyways Thanx for your help.. Smile
you can add below code in a php file , upload the file to your MyBB forum files server root folder and visit forumURL/filename.php in your browser

<?php
define("IN_MYBB",1);
include("./global.php");
$db->query("UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '0';");
echo "done";
?>
Pages: 1 2