MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a 'quick reply' feature or plugin available for 1.8x?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a 'quick reply' feature on my 1.6.12 forum which was very useful. I've noticed that this feature is not available since my upgrade to 1.8. Is there a setting somewhere for me to turn it on or is there a plugin available that will enable this for me?
you don't need a plugin, it's a core feature.....

1. Check updated templates for changes after upgrade
2. Check ACP >> Configuration >> Show Thread options >> Show Quick Reply Form is On
3. ACP >> Templates >> Show Thread Templates >> showthread and check whether {quickreply} variable is present there
The template system is quite complex for me to get my head around.

I added the 1point8 theme after upgrading, so there shouldn't be any changes, should there? I've checked that Quick Reply is on.

I figured out how to check point 3 - if you mean to check if {quickreply} is in the code under 'edit template'?

The only mention of anything like it is {$quickreply} - is that what you meant?

Very strange - another user informed me that they can see and use the quick reply feature, so I went into my user CP to change theme and noticed that the 'quick reply' feature box was unticked.

Is there a way that I can ensure that it is ticked by default for all users of the theme?
Run this query in PHPMyAdmin
UPDATE mybb_users SET showquickreply=1;
Excellent, thank you1