MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sidebar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I want to add the sidebar on the right side of the page in MyBB 1.8 default theme, but i don't know which template i have to edit and what code to type. I didn't see any plugin that adds a sidebar to the page so im asking you.

Thanks.
since you posted in 1.6 support, you can use this plugin
My bad, i want to create it on 1.8, please moderator - move it to correct category.
What you wanna put in the sidebar?

If you want to show it throughout every page of the site; you can place the sidebar code in any template which is included in every page such as 'header', 'footer' etc. with sidebar code div set to position: fixed; using CSS (in case if its a sidebar menu or social links, may be ...).
I tested this plugin the other day, and it worked fine on MyBB 1.8. The compatibility line didn't even need to be changed. Toungue

I didn't do a whole lot of testing with it, but it may be what you are looking for if you just need some basic portal sideboxes on your forum index/homepage.
(2014-11-01, 01:00 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]What you wanna put in the sidebar?

If you want to show it throughout every page of the site; you can place the sidebar code in any template which is included in every page such as 'header', 'footer' etc. with sidebar code div set to position: fixed; using CSS (in case if its a sidebar menu or social links, may be ...).

I want to put onto it my own group tables for cs: global offensive league, because i have it at now on the index page header, it's ugly and bugged on many resolutions, so putting it into the sidebars will change it.

Thanks for all replies, the plugin "Sidebox" working fine for me.
Check over here for MyBB 1.8.* for sidebar with usernamestyle http://community.mybb.com/thread-167904.html