MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replace SCEditor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If we could afford it, I would personally use Redactor over any other WYSIWYG software. Unfortunately, it costs $499 for the OEM license which is a bit steep for an open source project such as MyBB Wink
We need sponsors Big Grin
We need donations. /joke or not a joke...
If only the PayPal account wasn't frozen/dead...
(2014-11-02, 04:31 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]If we could afford it, I would personally use Redactor over any other WYSIWYG software. Unfortunately, it costs $499 for the OEM license which is a bit steep for an open source project such as MyBB Wink
But There are no BBCode plugins for Redactor ! Big Grin
I'm sure there are, it's the editor that XenForo use Smile If there isn't a stock one, I doubt it would be too hard to write one.
(2014-11-02, 04:19 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]First of all - it was only a suggestion. I am happy mybb supports plugins because SCEditor is really bad.

SCEditor doesn´t bad...
I have more problem with CKEditor than SCEditor.
And if SCEditor is bad, would not be the standard of SMF, Mybb and Phpbb.

(2014-11-02, 04:19 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I dont wanna change it in MyBB 1.8x but you should consider something better and bugless for MyBB 2.0

So you created the thread in the wrong folder

(2014-11-02, 04:19 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: CKEditor is better and better - new version has a mini editor mode and many bugs fixed. I just dont know why we use SCEditor which seems to be really problematic

Disagree...
And untrue. You don´t like of SCEditor so you saying somethig nonsense.
All CKEditor used in all system of forums has several problems (IPBoard, Vbulletin, Burning Board). Not has CKEditor bug free.
I thought this was something on my end. I was trying to create a big thread earlier and it required changing the styling often and it was REALLY frustrating to the point that I gave up. The text's size and space would not stick. This is absolutely terrible.
(2014-11-02, 07:27 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure there are, it's the editor that XenForo use Smile If there isn't a stock one, I doubt it would be too hard to write one.

write BBcode plugin is very hard. and only create problem... Major problems of WYSIWYG editors is when go to source and return to WYSIWYG mode, most editors have some type of bug when you do that.
better use other editor in sourcemode. And mod of xenforo use other thing in place https://xenforo.com/community/resources/...olbar.117/

And Xenforo has an advantage. Their has only partialmode. We use in default full WYSIWYG mode, and most people do not know the advantage of partialmode. Because of this, for me CKEditor of Vbulletin and Burning Board is better than IPBoard, Mybb plugin.

(2014-11-02, 11:24 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]The text's size and space would not stick. This is absolutely terrible.

I do not really understand what you meant to say?
(2014-11-02, 11:31 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-02, 07:27 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure there are, it's the editor that XenForo use Smile If there isn't a stock one, I doubt it would be too hard to write one.

write BBcode plugin is very hard. and only create problem... Major problems of WYSIWYG editors is when go to source and return to WYSIWYG mode, most editors have some type of bug when you do that.
better use other editor in sourcemode. And mod of xenforo use other thing in place https://xenforo.com/community/resources/...olbar.117/

And Xenforo has an advantage. Their has only partialmode. We use in default full WYSIWYG mode, and most people do not know the advantage of partialmode. Because of this, for me CKEditor of Vbulletin and Burning Board is better than IPBoard, Mybb plugin.

(2014-11-02, 11:24 PM)mikeh Wrote: [ -> ]The text's size and space would not stick. This is absolutely terrible.

I do not really understand what you meant to say?

I have font size 3 in editor, in postbit it would appear as font size 1, then I change it to 3 again and it glitches. The spacing would also glitch e.g.

Text

Text2

In postbit it would be

Text

Text2

More/less spaces than intended.
Pages: 1 2 3