MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Replace SCEditor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
SCEditor seems really bugged - many users from my forums have problems with disappering text in IE, copy paste, styling etc.

Is really good to have this editor in mybb? Just check its github - many bugs (some of them are reported here in mybb forum, but cannot be fixed because it is problem in sceditor not in mybb - for example issues with IE etc.). 

I replace SCEditor with CKeditor - users are happy and got more options and features. Drag and drop support etc. 
(2014-11-02, 11:10 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]SCEditor seems really bugged - many users from my forums have problems with disappering text in IE, copy paste, styling etc.

Is really good to have this editor in mybb? Just check its github - many bugs (some of them are reported here in mybb forum, but cannot be fixed because it is problem in sceditor not in mybb - for example issues with IE etc.). 

I replace SCEditor with CKeditor - users are happy and got more options and features. Drag and drop support etc. 

i don´t like CKeditor...
and i never support to change...

And disappering text in IE already fixed in 1.8.1
It is only your opinion. I think there will be another editor in MyBB 2.0 (and I hope)
I think CKEditor is better too.. It will be great if SCEditor will changed to CKEditor.
Replacing the editor again is something we won't do. If you wan't to use CKEditor you need to use a plugin.
While I agree that CKEditor > SCEditor (except loading speed), read: http://community.mybb.com/thread-159045-...pid1105808

SCEditor is quite good too and you can replace it with a plugin if you don't like it.
I deleted IE from my computer, all issues fixed.
(2014-11-02, 12:36 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]It is only your opinion. I think there will be another editor in MyBB 2.0 (and I hope)

you said yours opinion and i said mine only...
and i tested plugin of ckeditor...
and has several bugs too...

in quote tag, if you put some text below of tag, and go to source mode and return, editor add automatically new line...
same bug of this https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1579 that i fixed today in SCEditor.
and too bug of IE http://community.mybb.com/thread-132680-...pid1111839 (this already fixed in SCEditor)

has no tutorial here explaining how to add new button, not has partialmode, takes twice as long to load...
people say as if switching to CKEditor will be a charm. Which is totally untrue.
First of all - it was only a suggestion. I am happy mybb supports plugins because SCEditor is really bad.

I dont wanna change it in MyBB 1.8x but you should consider something better and bugless for MyBB 2.0

EDIT: CKEditor is better and better - new version has a mini editor mode and many bugs fixed. I just dont know why we use SCEditor which seems to be really problematic
(2014-11-02, 04:19 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]but you should consider something better and bugless for MyBB 2.0
Emphasis mine.

You will not find bugless software. End of story. Especially in WYSIWYG editors. Those things do some strange stuff, so they ALL have a significant set of issues at any given time.
Pages: 1 2 3