MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod Queue: Individual Members Posts & UserGroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mod Queue - Members Posts

Whilst I had a good look at the demo board, I am unsure as to how Mod Queue really works on the myBB boards.

What I have done on an existing board that I manage (not myBB) is place certain individual members in a Mod Queue, I do this through the Admin Panel,-Username,-Edit,- and from there I can place a member in Mod-Queue and set to either indefinitely, hour, day(s) or month(s). So if that member does a post anywhere on any forum his/her post is placed in a mod-queue waiting for approval. Q: Is this feature available on myBB boards and could you explain in detail how it works?

Reason:
With the spat of Spam and complex issues with running a community message board I have created what I call; "Probationary Members User-Group" which I setup through the Admin-Panel for troublesome members and suspected Spammers! "Probationary Members Groups" have certain privileges taken away (such as pm's and emails access) and are placed in a Mod-Queue.

Thanks!
The current version of MyBB doesn't have this feature. However, it is a feature which is under consideration for a future version.

In the current version, posts and threads can only be moderated on a forum by forum basis, however there's no way to specify specific users or groups which are subject to moderation.
You can kind-of have that functionality with my plugin: http://dennistt.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=98
However, the user will be in the "mod queue" until you remove him/her from it.