MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editor function missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I updated to 1.8.1 for a few days ago and then the editor function went missing and I forgot to take a backup of the template.

I remember this happening in a previous update as well, but we solved it somehow by replace a javascript or something. (I could be wrong)

But here is how it looks like right now.
[Image: pwOXzem.png]

How do I fix this and what should I edit?

Thank you,
Phumix
Did this issue occur after installing a plugin or a theme, or was it an issue that occurred after upgrading to 1.8? Did you upgrade from 1.8.0 or 1.6?
(2014-11-04, 09:17 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Did this issue occur after installing a plugin or a theme, or was it an issue that occurred after upgrading to 1.8? Did you upgrade from 1.8.0 or 1.6?

I think it was 1.8.0. It did occur after installing the update. I'm using a custom theme and not the default one. So it might be something missing in the theme I suppose?
I'm not sure. Javascript editor problems are generally a royal pain to deal with because they generally are caused by a conflict somewhere. I don't imagine anything is missing from the templates.

What theme are you using? Does the issue occur on the default theme as well?
(2014-11-04, 09:20 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure. Javascript editor problems are generally a royal pain to deal with because they generally are caused by a conflict somewhere. I don't imagine anything is missing from the templates.

What theme are you using? Does the issue occur on the default theme as well?

I'm using this one http://mods.mybb.com/view/slick-blue-theme

We kinda got a "premium" edition of it. Doesn't look the same at all. 

Oh and EDIT: It works with the default theme.
I imagine it's a jquery/javascript conflict somewhere then. What is your theme's header template? I thought I had fixed a similar issue a while back, but I'm not sure I really remember how I had accomplished it. I'm sure someone who is more knowledgeable would be able to spot the problem more quickly than I could looking at the headerinclude template. Toungue

Edit: is the theme you are using a 1.6 compatible theme? If so, that might be your problem right there. Toungue
(2014-11-04, 09:40 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine it's a jquery/javascript conflict somewhere then. What is your theme's header template? I thought I had fixed a similar issue a while back, but I'm not sure I really remember how I had accomplished it. I'm sure someone who is more knowledgeable would be able to spot the problem more quickly than I could looking at the headerinclude template. Toungue

Edit: is the theme you are using a 1.6 compatible theme? If so, that might be your problem right there. Toungue

The theme should be compatible with 1.8.1. I just tried to replace the headerinclude with the one in default template and the headerinclude I got from the template when it was fresh and new. It still doesn't work. That was the problem last time at least.. hmmm
Could you run the Find Updated Templates tool from ACP > Templates & Style? I imagine the code buttons template is most likely out of date.
(2014-11-04, 10:20 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Could you run the Find Updated Templates tool from ACP > Templates & Style? I imagine the code buttons template is most likely out of date.

This is what I got.
  • editpost
  • footer
  • forumbit_depth1_cat
  • forumbit_depth2_cat
  • forumbit_depth2_forum
  • forumdisplay_threadlist
  • header
  • header_welcomeblock_guest
  • header_welcomeblock_member
  • index
  • index_boardstats
  • member_profile
  • member_profile_adminoptions
  • member_profile_customfields
  • member_profile_modoptions
  • member_profile_signature
  • member_register
  • modcp_nav
  • nav_sep
  • nav_sep_active
  • portal_announcement
  • postbit
  • postbit_attachments_thumbnails_thumbnail
  • postbit_classic
  • postbit_posturl
  • postbit_signature
  • showteam_moderators_mod
  • showteam_usergroup_user
  • showthread
  • usercp_options

I reversed the whole template and I actually broke it. I assume there is no way to undo that?
Not unless you took a backup. What exactly is broken? It may be a fairly easy fix.
Pages: 1 2