MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Beta] Live Threads 0.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Thx!

The button does show some text now Smile

But: still nothing is happening and while I have set all forums to be livethreads, the button first says active livethread.
My guess would be that if I set all forums to be live threads, they would all be live and activated.

For nothing happening: I can't find the javascript in the source when viewing an thread.
Looks like it's not loading?
(2014-11-06, 06:28 PM)fonta Wrote: [ -> ]Thx!

But: still nothing is happening and while I have set all forums to be livethreads, the button first says active livethread.
My guess would be that if I set all forums to be live threads, they would all be live and activated.

For nothing happening: I can't find the javascript in the source when viewing an thread.

It seems the "All Forums" setting stores the setting in a different format that the plugin is expecting. For now you can do "Select Forums" and select all of them.
Nice!

Could you add a warning message if new post is added and you are typing one?
Something like this:¨
http://mods.mybb.com/archive/view/while-you-were-typing
(2014-11-06, 06:39 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!

Agreed. That would make a useful addition. Big Grin
(2014-11-06, 06:34 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-06, 06:28 PM)fonta Wrote: [ -> ]Thx!

It seems the "All Forums" setting stores the setting in a different format that the plugin is expecting. For now you can do "Select Forums" and select all of them.

I have fixed this issue now.

(2014-11-06, 06:39 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!

The posts show up on a set interval - default five seconds - so it should be noticeable without having a notice. I'll be adding a CSS animation possibly soon so it's more obvious when a new one comes.
Good! Because I really miss this feature in MyBB
Still nothing happens here, it indeed says live via forums settings now, but still not loading the neccesary javascript I think.

I'm actually also looking for this bar.
When you are viewing the thread, there should just be a bar saying there are new posts, clicking it will display them.
Yes, I agree
I looked at the code of the plugin, and don't think it's a whole lot of work making it work one way or another.
It's one extra setting: load posts or show a bar.
After that it's just adding a little bit extra code to the javascript.
Which isn't loaded on my page Toungue

Just like tweakers.net:
[Image: 1IuTwY6.png]

If I don't activate through the admin cp but press the enable live button, the javascript is visible in the source but gives me a message every 5 seconds:

[Image: 1dwumhf.png]

While all groups is selected in the viewer groups.
(2014-11-06, 06:59 PM)fonta Wrote: [ -> ]If I don't activate through the admin cp but press the enable live button, the javascript is visible in the source but gives me a message every 5 seconds:

[Image: 1dwumhf.png]

While all groups is selected in the viewer groups.

I am unable to reproduce the issue, what are all the settings put at?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5