MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Videos and Images are showing as links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I upgraded my forum from 1.6.15 to latest version. After the upgrade, all the images and videos are showing as links. Some thing like :-

[Video: http://youtu.be/saAxPc0aPi4]

Site Link : www.dotainternational.com

When I edit that post, I see that perfectly fine there. But after saving, it shows me links instead of Video / Images.

Other than this, I wanted to ask, "How can I have usergroup badges / images as of MyBB official site (Something made of CSS instead of Images)"

Regards.
For some reason the upgrade defaults users to having their preferences state against displaying images. To view images, you will have to go to your user CP -> edit options and set your options to display images and videos in posts. I'm not sure if there is a way to force this on users or not from the admin CP.
Thanks dear. That worked well. (+rep added)
Now waiting for a response on following 2 things.

1. How can I force this on all users to see images and videos (There must be some querry for it to enable it for all users)
2. How can I have usergroup badges / images as of MyBB official site (Something made of CSS instead of Images)
For #1 you can run those queries in PHPMyAdmin, or some other database manager:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showimages` = '1' WHERE `showimages` = '0' 

and

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showvideos` = '1' WHERE `showvideos` = '0'