MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem installing a style (Square) sorry, I'm new here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can install MyBB with no problem and I'm sure I can configure it but first I wanted to change the style. I've chosen 'Square' at the moment and have a installing it. I think the problem is installing it in the 'root of the forum' as said in the instillation.txt.

I have 4 websites with one server. There is a primary domain with 3 add on domains' I wish to add MyBB to one of the add on domains. If I upload the basic MyBB to the add on domain it works but when I add the upload files replacing those in MyBB I get a fatal error when I try to go back to either the admin link or the forum link.

When you have add on domains, where is the root folder that I put MyBB into? In the public_html or in the add on domain folder.

Any help appreciated.

Dan (tdhcsc)

Follow this steps to install it correctly.

1. Open the "Upload" folder and upload all the content to the root of your forum.
2. If the system ask you to replace, press "yes", it's only custom content.
3. Go to ACP > Templates & Styles > Import a Theme > Select the Square-theme.xml and press upload.
4. Go to Themes and set Square as the default theme.
5. Go to Configuration > Plugins and activate "XSTYLED custom languaje vars".

Hope you like it, and enjoy!
root of the forum is the folder where you have MyBB forum files. (index.php, global.php, xmlhttp.php and many php files exist there)
Thanks, I thought that was the place to put it. If I put it up in the 'public_html' folder it shows up under the primary domain. What was confusing me is the fact that a previous forum (phpbb) is in the 'public_html' folder and works fine showing up under the add on domain.

I'll try uploading it again with my ftp app (transmit) and see if I get the same fatal error result.

Thanks

Dan

NADA! Followed the instruction exactly.

I've just purchased a new Mac Mini running Yosemite. Is it possible that MyBB runs on Yosemite (brand new os for Apple) but 'Square' doesn't? I don't know where to go from here except do some more research.

Dan (tdhcsc)