MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customize welcome block to add menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I need to add "Portal"  "Member list"   "Calender" and "Help" menus to the MyBB 1.8 welcome block, as you seen on MyBB 1.8 Community forum welcome block in the top. Please help.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=32932]

My forum: rclanka.com

Thank you.
those links are in ACP >> Templates >> Header Templates >> header

find the codes for those links...

<ul class="menu top_links">
{$menu_portal}
{$menu_memberlist}
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
</ul>

move it just above {$welcomeblock} and add a float right css attribute to it like this....

<ul class="menu top_links" style="float: right;">
{$menu_portal}
{$menu_memberlist}
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
{$welcomeblock}
</ul>

also remove {$quicksearch} so the links stick to right side...
Hi! Kumar, thank you for reply. But now black welcome box disappeared and menus are in left side of welcome block.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=32936]

Hi! kumar,  I have added this code after "<div class="wrapper">"    and Before   {$welcomeblock}

<ul class="menu top_links" style="float: right;">
                                  {$menu_portal}
                                  {$menu_memberlist}
</ul>

and it gives me like this,

[Image: attachment.php?aid=32937]

But now all the menus are shows "Search picture" instead of their original. How can I change this?
You need to edit the css for those menu links in global.css.... currently it would be pointing to #logo you might need to change that to #panel .upper

change this...
#logo ul.top_links a.memberlist {
background-position: 0 -20px;
}

to this....
#panel .upper ul.top_links a.memberlist {
background-position: 0 -20px;
}
Solved. Thank you very much kumar.