MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Single sign on for ring of sites on same host account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't find a better section to post this question in so here goes:

Does myBB currently (either through base software or with an add on) support a single sign on that would allow a user to visit multiple forums on multiple sites? In my case, the sites will all be managed on the same host account. In theory I could have any one of the forums access any database.

If myBB doesn't currently support this, is it planned for the future?

If I've been unclear please visit toyark.com and see how there are multiple fan sites in a shared webring. Each site has its own forums relevant to fans of each property. However if you want to visit more than one site and post, you have to sign on multiple times. Those sites use vBulletin, I was wondering if myBB could do better.

Cheers!
Right now, it's not a feature in MyBB. However, if you went through editing the code enough, you can make essentially any sort of login system you want work.
Where should I go to see if anyone has developed a plug in for this?
You could try the plugin requests forum. I've certainly never heard of such a plugin.
(2014-11-07, 04:40 AM)grizzlor Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't find a better section to post this question in so here goes:

Does myBB currently (either through base software or with an add on) support a single sign on that would allow a user to visit multiple forums on multiple sites? In my case, the sites will all be managed on the same host account. In theory I could have any one of the forums access any database.

If myBB doesn't currently support this, is it planned for the future?

If I've been unclear please visit toyark.com and see how there are multiple fan sites in a shared webring. Each site has its own forums relevant to fans of each property. However if you want to visit more than one site and post, you have to sign on multiple times. Those sites use vBulletin, I was wondering if myBB could do better.

Cheers!
It really depends on whether these sites are on the same domain or not, as otherwise it might get a little tricky and might require some very specific setups.