MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: There seems to be some stagnation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately I've been wondering how to make some money online, after some thinking I kind of came to the conclusion that there is stagnation in the software development sector(in the sense of less people being hired), or oversaturation of programmers, choose one or both.

Like if you wanted to earn money from Android apps, it better be the next Flappy Bird or you will earn exactly $0.
I kind of likened it to how people go to college/uni expecting to find a job as soon as they graduate but in fact struggle to get hired, same thing is happening today, it's so saturated in my opinion that you'd get a fraction or nothing of what you could have had just 5-8 years ago.

So now I am stuck in a depression(clinical or not) contemplating what to do and how to earn money, my Bitcoin stash(very small) is depreciating in value, essentially I am unsure how to earn money with my skills in programming/the computer. Seems like it's damn near impossible to succeed nowadays.

And I had such great ambitions, now I just browse reddit and 4-5 other websites, rinse and repeat.
Doing entrepreneurship on the Internet is definitely hard now. There's still a lot of demand for computer jobs, but just not as indie developers.
Places that advertise jobs straight to freelancers have always been strong places to find stuff.
Building a good portfolio and references are the keys to succeeding in the online world. None of us are paid for the work we do, but it is very good on our portfolio.
(2014-11-07, 03:54 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Building a good portfolio and references are the keys to succeeding in the online world.  None of us are paid for the work we do, but it is very good on our portfolio.

This is pretty much the key to succeeding everywhere I think... I don't work retail because I like it, or get paid well, I work it because you need something on your resume to show that you can hold a job and that you can handle responsibilities. I work a ton of volunteer places because I want to be a teacher and the best way to show that is to show that I have experience working with kids, paid or not, it helps move me into my future job.
Every profession is saturated these days, let it be online or offline.
(2014-11-12, 04:58 AM)new1 Wrote: [ -> ]Every profession is saturated these days, let it be online or offline.

My plumber might want to argue with you. He's worked six days a week 8 hours a day for the last three months. He can't find any help to hire.
lol, thats funny.
Get into the premium theme department!