MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So, what is for dinner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
In some places, dinner is called supper but in other places, lunch is called supper and yet in other places, lunch is called dinner, but I'm talking about dinner as in the last meal of the day, or in some places, as it is called the 5 o'clock meal, not 5 in the morning but evening, which if you live in the north pole, then you might think 5 o'clock in the evening feels like 5 o'clock morning, in this case, you would probabaly enjoy breakfast for dinner, I like breakfast for dinner, sometimes but other times I just enjoy bacon on, well anything so bacon isn't just a breakfast food, anymore (all this talk about bacon is making me hungry)
so as I was asking, what is for dinner?

Myself, I'm having um, hm, I don't really know, so I guess it is scrounge the fridge night, in other words, whatever I can find but I really need to be eating a good steak, of course the best steak is a nice rib eye, or t bone, both well done. So I guess I might need to run to the store to get me a steak or maybe t.v dinner.
Ah ha..i was just about to add this question!.. tonight i had a nice meal..leftover pork chops with fruit chutney,, and fudge brownie with whip creme. with blood orange soda.
I'm considering shaving my mustache but I still can't get the nerve to do it after I had to get my upper lip stitched up the last time.
I'm back to frozen dinners and ramen noodles for a little while. Next semester won't be easy to pay for, so I'm literally saving pennies where I can. Toungue

Once those expenses are paid, I'll be back to my steaks and hamburgers. I get great discounts from work. $4 for a burger and $6 for a steak is not bad at all.
(2014-11-08, 04:00 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I'm back to frozen dinners and ramen noodles for a little while. Next semester won't be easy to pay for, so I'm literally saving pennies where I can. Toungue

Once those expenses are paid, I'll be back to my steaks and hamburgers. I get great discounts from work. $4 for a burger and $6 for a steak is not bad at all.

Why frozen dinners & noodles? Where i live we have a grocery outlet. You can easily buy more than frozen stuff and noodles. Wholesale food warehouses i think will stretch your dollars.
(2014-11-08, 04:17 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-08, 04:00 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I'm back to frozen dinners and ramen noodles for a little while. Next semester won't be easy to pay for, so I'm literally saving pennies where I can. Toungue

Why frozen dinners & noodles? Where i live we have a grocery outlet. You can easily buy more than frozen stuff and noodles. Wholesale food warehouses i think will stretch your dollars.

Well ramen noodles are dirt cheap. Frozen dinners are $4 at most for when I want to indulge. Most fast food places cost at least $6 for something that's really decent, so it does save money.
i dont know about you bro, but i love sapporo ichiban noodles. Google that. The other is nissan cup noodles. and youre right, ramen is very cheap..some stores sell 6 pack for .99 .
Soup and a grilled cheese sandwich was for dinner tonight. :p
A glass of kefir (buttermilk/yogurt) everyday before sleep to remove the feeling of hunger.
Dinner is the largest meal of the day regardless of the time of day. Supper is the evening meal. At my home, dinner is almost always the evening meal, the exception being on Sunday when dinner is in the early afternoon.

Tonight my wife is making Brazilian meatloaf (beef / pork mixture stuffed with ham, cheese, and herbs). A few nights ago she made caldo verde (green broth) . Caldo verde starts off with chicken stock blended with potato, cilantro, collard greens, and herbs. Bacon, sausage, onions, and shredded collard greens add texture. Talk about delicioso!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11