MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change base colors of Square theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently setup MyBB on my webhost and have chosen Square as my theme. It looks great, however in order to match the rest of my website, I need to change the blue and white colors to something else. I have tried changing the values in global.css but to no avail.

Is it even possible to change the colors of this theme? If so, how?

Thanks!
(2014-11-08, 04:50 AM)MW99 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it even possible to change the colors of this theme? If so, how?

Thanks!

The main color areas are in square.css. And if I recall, thead is in global.css. I don't know what browser you use, but some (such as firefox and classic opera) allow you to right-click on the screen and pick Inspect Element. On the right you will see the css and can even preview color changes. You just have to make sure you click the correct part of the element.

Or, what I did is use a color picker to determine the hex value for the color, and then searched the CSS to find all instances. I also used global search and replace to change them. On a test site, of course.

Anyway, Square is an amazing theme. The way the pages are blocked out it is ideal for two-color themes (as opposed to most themes which are single color with accent colors).