MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: questions in portal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
salam all

plz i need your help.after inslataion of my bb
i have put the forum in this direction mysite.com/bb
in my ftp i have put a simple index.html but what i want is simple

i want that the portale will be the index of my site and the visitor or member after clik to subject he will go to the forum
from portal.php to /bb/index.php
so how can i do it plz

secend question how can i'a add the name of forum in the portal in order that the visitor can go to forum directly and show all topic.

in portale we have all details of topic.any way to change it's like blog.like word press.the visitor or memeber click on (show more)to see all the topic

last question how can i shange link of topic from : /showthread.php?tid=6 to / thread-162499.html

thank you

www.kinandev.com/bb
Do you want some thing like this site ?
www.dotainternational.com

Because what I did is extensive customization and complete re-write of portal template. If this is what you have been looking, then tell me so I can guide you.
thank you for replay but it's not wat i want
i want that de subject in the forum will be lake a blog in my portal page
and the portal page will be my index.in you click the subject you can see all details in forum not in portal
To make portal.php your "homepage" you'll have to change the htaccess file.

Open .htacess (or htaccess.txt if you don't have any)
Add:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^kinandev.com/bb$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.kinandev.com/bb$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/kinandev.com/bb\/portal\.php" [R=301,L]

Save file, and upload.
IF this was the first change in htaccess, (you did open htaccess.txt) save file and change name to .htaccess
(starting with a dot, and have no extension)
Now users can enter your forum with or without using www.
In acp you can set witch forums portal will show threads from.

If you want a ""read more" function, you'll have to download and install (activate)
http://mods.mybb.com/view/portal-announcement-cut-off
Remember to change compatibility to:
"compatibility" => "18*",
thank you for anser mr baggerahd i have change my htaccess.txt that i have find in my forum documment and i have add the ligne that you told me to add and after i have upload and change de name of my documment to .hacess but nathing was change

i should but the portal.php lake index or what i should do plz
Plz verify that the file is called .htaccess
That file needs to be uploaded to root.