MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge Boards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way I can merge two separate boards

(eg. forums, threads, posts)
Not built in to MyBB. I suppose you'd have to write some sort of converter so to speak, which imports the posts/threads/forums etc from another board and makes sure they're all still assigned to the right forum/thread/category without getting them all mixed up..
Anyone have any ideas on a procedure to do this?
My development team will be working on a process for doing this, but it will likely be dirty, as we will be developing it purely for our own interests. Among the problems you'd have is:

- We're purely interested in merging in posts/threads/forums ONLY.
This is over a year old thread. This is already in the making with the new convertion system for MyBB.
How far in the making? This thread was the only result I got searching for merge boards and combine boards.
Structure wise it's done, mostly bug fixes and maybe some more additions to it as well. It has been set to 2 months max before release.
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:How far in the making? This thread was the only result I got searching for merge boards and combine boards.

It's part of the converter system, and with the "MyBB Merge" option, you'll basically be able to merge most, if not all, of the content from one MyBB to another.