MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: best ISP's -any recommendations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
iam looking into buying my own modem so that i can do away with my current isp's high priced monthly fees. I have comcast. atm, the max speed is 50mbps, however i wish to exceed that by 100-300mbps.  Ive already chosen a nice one after doing some online comparision...now the sticking point is which affordable isp can i afford? Im looking for something in range of 9.99 to 19.99 a month. This involves mostly in home wifi connection. Anyone suggest good isp? btw, iam on west coast.
9.99 to 19.99? No way you're getting over 100-300Mbps with that budget.

Did you mean 99.99 to 199.99?
ah thx for reply. yep you heard right bro. Under 20.00 a month for 100 mbps ha ha. Theres gotta be affordable plan out there. Comcast is too premmie.
(2014-11-09, 01:50 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]ah thx for reply. yep you heard right bro. Under 20.00 a month for 100 mbps ha ha. Theres gotta be affordable plan out there. Comcast is too premmie.

If you are in the U.S., you have a snowball's chance in hell of finding that because of the epic cable/ISP collusion that exists. Now if you are in, say, South Korea, Japan, or the Netherlands (iirc they're in a good spot internet-wise), then could possibly find that kind of service.
Not trying to offend you, but my guess is that you aren't paying for it so you might be misinformed of the charges or price.

If you're in the US, there's no way you're getting 50 Mbit from Comcast for $50/m. Comcasts 50 Mbit teaser rate on their site isn't even $20/m - it's $59/m for the first 12 months and then 82/m. The most you can get from Comcast via their site is a $19/m teaser rate for 3 Mbit which goes up to $29-$39/m depending on your area.
hi mate..i got a one year deal for 19.99.. but with fees like federal, fcc etc well, it adds up..and its coupled with the cable fee.. thats why i need to get out of comcasts high charge. Come june, 2015 my wifi service will cease to exsist.. ive poured a lot of time and effort on boards in span of just 6 months.. i cannot abandon my legacy
(2014-11-09, 08:24 AM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]hi mate..i got a one year deal for 19.99.. but with fees like federal, fcc etc well, it adds up..and its coupled with the cable fee.. thats why i need to get out of comcasts high charge.  Come june, 2015 my wifi service will cease to exsist.. ive poured a lot of time and effort on boards in span of just  6 months.. i cannot abandon my legacy

The one year deal for $19/m is for 3 Mbps. Sorry to say, but it's doubtful to find something cheaper than that or close.
Where there is a will theres a way.. i always say. Ill look around until all my options are exhausted
(2014-11-09, 08:52 PM)Butterball Wrote: [ -> ]Where there is a will theres a way.. i always say. Ill look around until all my options are exhausted

Unless you have your own fiber in the ground and your own personal ISP infrastructure, there's only a way through Comcast or another of the other ISPs participating in the cable-customer-strawberry program.
You could always MLPPP DSL no?
Pages: 1 2