MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Site is ignoring the global.css
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having trouble with the header on my forum. It seems to be ignoring the min-height in global.css. This is my header and I want to remove the white bit below the red.

[Image: 9wrgCcS.jpg]

In the global.css it's showing that my .logo min-height is 100 which is what I want but it's not working, when I inspect the element on Chrome it's showing that my min-height is 190? I've tried clearing the cache but it's still there.
If your using cloudflare then u have to purge via cloudflare as well.
If your calling it 2 times instead of 1 time and simply trying to over-ride then you need to use !important; at the end.

Example:
.logo {
  min-height: 100px !important;
}

^ will make it over-ride.

Not sure if this is what your issue is, just trying to help is all Smile
Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm not using cloudflare and I've just tried the !important command and it's still the same Sad

I'm getting errors in inspect element, not sure if that has to do with anything

[Image: utaT5uN.jpg]
(2014-11-08, 05:03 PM)joshua1905 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm not using cloudflare and I've just tried the !important command and it's still the same  Sad

I'm getting errors in inspect element, not sure if that has to do with anything

[Image: utaT5uN.jpg]

That's a JS related error to be honest, the fact though its doing this to you over css though is somewhat interesting.

If you have edited the headerinclude template or it has been modified at all you may want to see if they are being closed correctly. I mean like the jQuery references and such.
I'm not sure how to check the jQuery I'm still relatively new to this sort of stuff lol

This is my header template

[Image: mlLllKi.jpg]
jQuery shouldn't influence the CSS, unless you set the min-height with it.

Anyways, we can only guess without board URL.. Please provide it,
http://4thelulz.co.uk/forum2/

Ok something is seriously wrong with the forum for some reason, I've made certain forums un-active and when I re-activate them they are not appearing.
Well, it is 100 px for me. Press CTRL + F5 to refresh the cache. Few times if one doesn't work.
Scratch that last post it was me being an idiot, sorry.

(2014-11-08, 05:32 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it is 100 px for me. Press CTRL + F5 to refresh the cache.  Few times if one doesn't work.

Yep it seems to have sorted itself, weirdly it was still showing 190px on my tablet and phone before so I didn't think it was the cache. Ahhhh well all is good. Thanks for your help.

I have another problem, not sure if I should start another thread or not but I'll post it in here for now. When I go on plugins on the admin cp none of my plugins are showing, I have quite a few in the inc/plugins folder. They used to show but around 3 - 4 months ago (maybe longer) they just stopped showing?

[Image: n2Y2Lhm.jpg]
(2014-11-08, 05:32 PM)joshua1905 Wrote: [ -> ]I have another problem, not sure if I should start another thread or not

You should have started another thread and marked this as solved, yes.

(2014-11-08, 05:32 PM)joshua1905 Wrote: [ -> ]but I'll post it in here for now. When I go on plugins on the admin cp none of my plugins are showing, I have quite a few in the inc/plugins folder.

One of the plugins causes an error which results in the blank page. Either check the error logs to find the culprit (recommended) or remove/readd them one by one.
Pages: 1 2