MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: host change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am changing hosts and don't want to lose all my posts/members what do I have to do?
Export/backup your database using whether mybb ACP or phpmyadmin. then import it on the new host db.
will all the members be kept, no need to use config or anything? Because the table prefix is different
If the table prefix is different then you need to set it in the config file on the moved forums. Set the info there and it should work ...
OK, I did that and now I get this error:

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/compzorg/public_html/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 313
MySQL error:
Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/compzorg/public_html/forum/inc/db_mysql.php on line 314

Query:

Thats it, theres no query
Your forum db is down. Contact your host
What should I say to them?, I just changed to this host...
Just tell them it seems like the MySQL server is down.. please check it.. this is in case they don't already know..
I told them and they said this:

Hi,

Our mysql server is running fine. I took a look at the link you supplied me with
and it appears to be error within your script.

Regards

What should I do?
bump :o
It was my config, d'oh!!! Thanks anyway
When you move servers, you also need to copy over your inc/config.php (and inc/settings.php, but it isn't mandatory) and edit it to match the new server settings.