MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the bb code editor dissappeared after we upgrade to 1.8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
disable MyAlerts plugin and any other jQuery based plugins

referred forum has a custom theme coded for earlier version of MyBB. code in its templates need many changes
upgrading guidance Wrote:Visit your Admin Control Panel, then go to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates. This will show you a list of all the templates that have changed during the upgrade.

You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.

you may install a good looking compatible theme for MyBB 1.8.x
& use it by making it the default theme & forcing it on all uses
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
actullu i want to keep my theme
i like it
and i only want to fix the editor
but i do not how....
or what to add
or where to search
you can revert headerinclude template (if required, copy its code in a text file before reverting) & check if editor gets fixed.
i made that
and it messed all the editor
only the bbcode links appear
no text area
no anything
if you like using earlier custom theme then it must be updated so that it can be effectively used.
you can try this guidance => basic 1.6 to 1.8 theme upgrading
my theme works good
the only thing that dissapear is the editor bbcods
cleopatra Wrote:my theme works good
sorry, you are mistaken.
(2014-11-09, 06:09 PM)Cleopatra Wrote: [ -> ]my theme works good

I don't think you understand.

Whole JS broken = outdated theme issue. Try to register, you'll be always detected as spammer = outdated theme issue. Same applies to more broken stuff you haven't noticed yet.

It's not recommended to use 1.6 theme in 1.8 and if you don't want to change it, then you have to update many templates. Find Updated functionality in ACP may help you with that.
ok i changed the theme and now the editor works fine
thanks