MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread layout changes when logged in?..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! So I recently discovered that when I am not logged in, the user info on a post is fine. However, when logged in, the info just kind of squashes together.  Examples Below:

Layout when NOT LOGGED IN
[Image: nVp6O9j.jpg]

Layout when LOGGED IN
[Image: u4dcF1k.png]

If someone could help me fix this, I'd appreciate it Big Grin

I would just like it to display how it normally displays when not logged in, At all times.

(I am using the SQUARE theme by eNvy)
Not logged in - classic layout is used.
Logged in - horizontal layout is used.

To change the default layout:
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Show Thread Options -> Post Layout -> set to Display posts using the classic layout and Save

To change the layout for your account:
User CP -> Edit Options -> tick Display posts in classic mode. and Update Options
(2014-11-09, 04:06 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Not logged in - classic layout is used.
Logged in - horizontal layout is used.

To change the default layout:
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Show Thread Options -> Post Layout -> set to Display posts using the classic layout and Save

To change the layout for your account:
User CP -> Edit Options -> tick Display posts in classic mode. and Update Options

Very helpful, thank you. However, The default is already on classic... but its just when I log in it uses horizontal for me.. I want everyone when logged in, to see classic by default.. How comes I saw horizontal when logged in.. by default? Can I force classic on everyones account?
(2014-11-09, 05:31 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-40093.html

The code that he asks you to find, doesnt appear in my usercp_options .. I searched for it, it is not in there..
Then either:
a) your searched not carefully enough
b) your theme modified the code and of course in that case you should look for similar code. Just CTRL+F5 name="classicpostbit" It must be there if it's displayed in Edit Options for you.

EDIT: @down, then you think wrong. It's classic for everyone who registers after you changed the setting in ACP, for everyone else it will be still horizontal.
(2014-11-09, 05:47 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Then either:
a) your searched not carefully enough
b) your theme modified the code and of course in that case you should look for similar code. Just CTRL+F5 name="classicpostbit" It must be there if it's displayed in Edit Options for you.

I made a new account and it was classic by default, I think its just horizontal by default for administrators.

Thanks for the help though Smile