MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private message profile layout changes depending on template.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Where do I edit the message body of private messages?  Every template is different when reading messages and some are not showing custom profile images.  I know the code is in {$message} but I can't find it anywhere.
See attached.  Two screenshots, one default template and one "user" template.

[attachment=32954]
[attachment=32953]
Any help?
The message body of private messages is the postbit template.
(2014-11-19, 05:14 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The message body of private messages is the postbit template.

I've looked at everyone of them, don't see it. I see the {message} in postbit reply. Which template is it specifically.
(2014-11-19, 04:14 PM)user25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-19, 05:14 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The message body of private messages is the postbit template.

I've looked at everyone of them, don't see it. I see the {message} in postbit reply. Which template is it specifically.

as said above it's the postbit templates found under Templates >> Post Bit Templates >> postbit
Message does not have a template; it is the results from the input to the post textarea which is stored in the database and is displayed on your screen via the post_parser.
(2014-11-19, 08:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Message does not have a template; it is the results from the input to the post textarea which is stored in the database and is displayed on your screen via the post_parser.

Images are missing in the message of only certain templates. Is there a place to remove those custom fields in the messages?
hi, do you mean messages, or postbits?

Postbit = the whole thing that you see when you view a user's post in a thread/or a pm from a user.

Message = just the text from the user.

Template = layout of the things we see on screen

How the postbit templates work: You have a container called postbit (or postbit classic) which each have a template and inside that template are references to many other templates. Each of the buttons (reply, quote,warn etc) are small separate templates.

Example: The reply button is missing from a pm postbit.

Solution: go to the postbit templates, open the postbit_reply_pm template and check the template.
Trying to remove or fix images in the original post. The member info in the message.
I am sorry, I do not understand.
Pages: 1 2 3