MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Emails don't go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems that activation emails and mass emails don't go through. My forum is http://www.bmestudioz.com Any idea why this is happening?
[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

See the test file and report back with whats displayed.
Quote:PHP could not send the mail
Yeah, I got that. Anyway, what do you think I should do now?
You need to contact your host to enable the mail function. Some free hosts do not allow the mail function to be used.
Well I run on my own server that I share with someone so we can get it up, but I'm not sure we'd be able to, I'll tell him about it as he knows more about servers. Do you know yourself how to do it?
As long as he has the SMTP server already setup, he can configure the php.ini with the settings which will fix the problem. A restart from the server is probably required after you make the changes (apache at least)
Well I think that possibly when we were testing an auto-signup script, we got blacklisted. That might be the problem.
It seems we are black listed. From PHP mailing that is. Normal mail isn't for some reason. :/;
It seems that it says it can send the email, but it doesn't actually send. What's up with that?
Did you remember to change
$to = '[email protected]';
to your own email address when you ran the test script?

Did you check your junk mail box?

Does your host have any restrictions on sending email? (for example some hosts require that your mail must be sent from a valid mailbox address set up on the host).
Pages: 1 2