MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image Disabling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to disable the ability to post images on a MyBB forum ?

Not only might this be desireable for a small minority of forums, but would this not also preclude the ability to post images that would be offensive to most folks ?
the easiest way i can think of is by using this plugin... you can set which usergroups can post images and links... also you can set which file file types will be allowed as attachments from ACP >> Configuration >> Attachment Types, so that they cant upload a image as a attachment...
You don't need a plugin to do this. If you open up Additional Options in Forum Management, one such option is to disable the use of the img code.
(2014-11-10, 02:06 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need a plugin to do this. If you open up Additional Options in Forum Management, one such option is to disable the use of the img code.

yes but that's on a per forum basis also the member can post the same image as a link... that's why I mentioned in my reply as "easiest way" Big Grin
You realize words can be just as offensive, if not moreso? Why not make a board where people can't post any words or pictures? It'd be perfect!
pardon me, but what fun is running a board with images denied?
Quote:pardon me, but what fun is running a board with images denied?
--- Butterball

Let's just say the premise that everyone is visually oriented is going to be challenged.

mmadhankumar and dragonexpert:

Thank you for your kindness in helping me with my question.  You will be rewarded when others who have similar questions notice the professional and informed manner which you handled a reasonable question.

I am completely impressed by the way forum-savy individuals come up along side those of us who are working to overcome our knowledge deficiencies.

Thank you so, so much for helping me.