MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change title and everyone is a spammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hellolo!
I've set up a mybb forum, I'm not posting the url here as some here have been hacked.
The title is "My forum", and I want to change it. I have changed the board name in admin cp, but it still doesnt change.
Also, everyone that tries to register is getting recognized as a spammer.

Any help is greatly appriciated, thanks in advance!
Are you using 1.8.0 or 1.8.1? This issue is fixed in 1.8.1 so upgrade if you haven't yet.

You might also go under settings and select 'yes' for the setting Disable All Plugins. If your forum works as intended then a plugin is the cause of your issue.
I'm using 1.8.1 and I have no plugins.
Hm, maybe change your default registration settings?
(2014-11-10, 08:37 PM)Saint Francis Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, maybe change your default registration settings?

It updated after a while.
To the "everyone is a spammer" thingy..
How do I disable the spammer thingy? As I've set a good security, I can disable it.
Everyone detected as spammer is most often caused by outdated member_register template (you're using 1.6 theme I guess), you should either revert that template to originalor download and use a 1.8 compatible theme.
(2014-11-10, 08:51 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone detected as spammer is most often caused by outdated member_register template (you're using 1.6 theme I guess), you should either revert that template to originalor download and use a 1.8 compatible theme.

But.. But.. ITS SO SEXY.
Jk, but thank you !
You could use the Diff Report tool to see what is different in the 1.8 series.